Vermicelli noodles is one of the most popular food in the house. Whenever I cook anything with vermicelli noodles, the plate will be emptied in a few minutes (Sorry I assume you know the Chinese dining culture. If you don’t understand what I’m talking about, catch an episode or two of “Fresh Off Boat”, then you’ll understand the Chinese dining culture). This particular vermicelli noodles dish is super easy and fast. What’s even better is that this dish could easily be gluten-free if you use gluten-free soy sauce, and I guarantee you that it will become a new favorite in your family too.
First of all, the secret of a yummy vermicelli dish is not the marinating, but the texture of vermicelli noodles. Correct! And the only brand I get is “青島龍口粉絲”. You can get it from any Asian grocery stores. And I like to buy the kind with 8 tiny packets. It’s just personal preference for easier measurement.
- Pork loin 1 pound
- Black fungus 1 cup
- Vermicelli noodles 4 small packs
- Garlic 2 cloves
- Soy sauce 1tbsp
- Put vermecelli noodles and black fungus in two separate containers with cold/tap water for 30min to soften
- Slice pork loin, black fungus and garlic
- Heat wok with medium heat, put oil
- Wait till the oil is hot enough, put garlic
- Put pork and keep stirring gently till cook
- Then put in the black fungus, stir a little bit
- Then put in vermicelli noodles and keep stirring for about 5 min to mix all the ingredients together
- Finish by seasoning with soy sauce